- Prevention of heart attacks could begin 5 years earlier than with other cardiac tests.
- Test reports are used not just to diagnose the problem but also to treat heart ailmentsmore accurately.
- CCG is a futuristic concept recognized as an invaluable tool for diagnosis andmanagement of Heart Diseases.
- There are 36 centres across India and many more in other Asian countries including theMiddle East, Europe and USA.
- 3D CCG is a FDA approved and EU Certified
Holisticmedicare Centre , Margao Goa provides high-quality care in its state-of- the-art Non-invasiveCardiac diagnostic lab.
- Technology : Trans- Aortic Signal Wave Modulation (TASWM).
- A 150 KHz signal is passed through the generating electrodes, which travel along the Aorta, the largest blood vessel in the chest cavity and is modulated by the ejection of blood, breathing activity as well as electrical and mechanical activity. The signal is then picked up by the measuring electrodes and demodulated.
- Low bandwidth cardio subsonic is recorded using a special instrument called VAD (Vertical Acceleration Detector). VAD uses Flow Turbulence Accelerometry (FTA) technology. There is a difference in the turbulence characteristics of normal and abnormal vessels. Any obstruction due to blockages disturbs this smooth flow of blood and produces characteristic turbulence. This turbulence is detected by the VAD and provides as to which region of the heart is experiencing reduced blood flow. The technique is similar to how a Seismograph picks up vibrations kilometers inside the earth and lets us know whether an earthquake has occurred.
- The data, which is acquired, is processed using powerful and advanced mathematical modeling and simulation tools and high speed computing and then various parameters obtained.
- Safe and totally non-invasive procedure.
- No hospitalization necessary (30 min procedure)
- No injection, no catherization, no anesthesia and no radiation.
- No pain, risk or after-effects including no physical or mental strain.
- Can be repeated multiple times unlike invasive methods.
- Generates a detailed 5 page color report assessing functional status of the heart.
- Reports even small blood flow reduction caused by blockages as low as 10%
- Reports Myocardial (Heart muscle) blood flow and Oxygen demand/supply for every heart beat
- Very cost-effective compared to other cardiac tests
Some of the important parameters reported in a typical 3D-CCG report include :
- The amount of blood pumped by the heart in one minute (Cardiac Output)
- The resistance against which the heart has to pump (Systematic Resistance)
- Volume of blood being pumped every beat (Stroke volume)
- Proportion of blood being pumped (Ejection Fraction)
- It also provides information on whether a person has :
- Hardening of the arteries due to cholesterol deposits (Atherosclerosis)
- A tendency to have erratic beats (Arrhythmogenicity)
- Increased likelihood of clot formation (Thrombogenicity)
- In short 3D-CCG can be termed as a “Heart Function Test” similar to standard Liver and Lung function tests.
- Any adult (25 years and over)
- with a stressful lifestyle and/or family history of Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- - with CAD symptoms (chest pain, shortness of breath etc).
- with other high-risk symptoms (Diabetes, High cholesterol, High BP, Obesity etc).
- who smokes/consumes tobacco regularly
- who consumes alcohol regularly.
- who has had a prior heart attack and is undergoing treatment.
Patient should have been fasting for the previous 6-12 hours (water/milk is allowed).
- No stimulants like coffee/tea/soft drinks for the previous 12 hours
- No drugs for a period of 12 hours before the test
- No alcohol/smoking or tobacco for 12 hours before the test
- No physical exercise/long walks for atleast 12 hours before the test
- Empty the urinary bladder before procedure